Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Cause Des Garcons

I want to continue the theme of lyrics for this post. Techno lyrics have a reputation for being spectacularly lame. To hear an example, just listen to "Castles In The Sky (Club Mix)."






What the fuck is a castle in the sky, anyways?

One way of skipping the work of writing actually good lyrics is to write your (or sample someone else's) lyrics in another language.

That brings us to the title of this post, "A Cause Des Garcons."



I really like listening to techno in other languages because, regardless of what the words are saying, you are forced to focus on their sound instead of their meaning. "A cause des garcons" translates to "Its because of men." I don't know what the rest of the words are, but its not hard to imagine that they are equally cheesy. But it doesn't matter, because its in French!

Well thats all for this post. Au revoir! (See what I did there?)

No comments: